With the amazing announcement of both Dr Sarah and Dr Mandy expecting we thought it appropriate to talk about the importance of chiropractic during pregnancy. Both Dr Sarah and Dr Mandy are getting adjusted weekly currently to keep their spine and nervous system functioning optimally and allow good pelvic positioning as the babies are growing.
Top 5 reasons to get adjusted while you are pregnant:
- Ease pregnancy symptoms- Chiropractic care has been shown to help ease pregnancy symptoms in some women to support their body as it is growing the new baby.
- Healthy mom, healthy baby- The main premise of chiropractic care is to remove interference to the nervous system to increase the bodies natural functioning and healing ability. Helping to increase immune system function as well which is intimately connected by both mother and baby.
- Better positioning for baby- Chiropractic care can help to optimize pelvic and spinal alignment so to assist in minimizing uterine constraint allowing for optimal positioning for baby in delivery
- Back pain relief- Research shows that many women experience low back pain during pregnancy typically caused by the sacroiliac joints. This can be alleviated and stabilization exercises given to assist mom and baby through a smooth and optimal pregnancy and delivery.
- Better Labor and Birth- Research has shown that labour time has decreased 25% with first pregnancies with chiropractic care and 31% for women on their second or more births
If you or someone you know is pregnant we would love to meet them to give them more information or do a check-up for them to let them know how they can optimize their pregnancy and delivery.